All hunting fans who are tired of shooting virtual ducks on their PCs should consider installing Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter Reborn. It is an interesting, albeit somewhat uncommon, hunting simulator — one will have to shoot there not the well-known animals but the real dinosaurs! It is interesting to note that this project was developed by the Action Forms company based in Kyiv.
The first installment of the game was released in the 90s, but today the world has seen an updated version of Carnivores —the result of a full-fledged rebirth of the project in 2010. One of the latest releases is of 2015. It was then that game appeared not only on PC but also on the Android and iOS mobile platforms, thanks to which many users around the world have become familiar with it. The system requirements are quite low and can be satisfied by any low-end modern PC. 4 GB of RAM, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.3 GHz or better CPU, a video card comparable to the Nvidia GTX 260, as well as Windows 7, keyboard, and mouse — that’s all you need for playing.
The Main Features
The developers decided to revive the genre of hunting simulators and make it more original by implementing real dinosaurs instead of the common animals! There is no storyline, but as the player progresses in the hunt, new opportunities open up to them. For example, at first, you will have to focus only on your intuition and, carefully making your way through the tall grass, look for the crests of dinosaurs in the distance. Later, the locator becomes available, thanks to which you can find game faster and easier.
The key features of the simulator are as follows:
- There are three different locations available in the game, each of which allows you to hunt at different times of the day. Moreover, fog can suddenly appear on any map, which makes the gameplay more intense and challenging. The game features many great maps: Delphaeus Hills, Basmachee Rocks, The Pyramids of Shmu-Hadron, and others.
- The weapons are constantly being improved and supplemented with new features, thanks to which it becomes much easier to hunt even large dinosaurs. If the game seems too easy after the leveling, players are free to turn off the locator and remove the disguise at any time.
- Dinosaurs are not rabbits; they are very dangerous and behave as aggressively as possible. The game makes players experience a genuine adrenaline rush, as various creatures can suddenly attack the hunter.
It is also worth noting that the soundtrack is quite suitable, so one can even get some aesthetic pleasure from it.
When hunting dinosaurs, the player receives a special navigator, which shows a map, dangerous animals on it, and additional data, such as:
- The name of a dinosaur.
- Score and money that a player can earn if they defeat a particular monster.
- Such parameters as the weight of a beast, the distance to it, and the damage it inflicts.
- After defeating a creature, you can pick up a certain trophy from it.
Hunting allows the player to gradually develop their character, unlock additional weapons, apply new technical tools, and increase their survival capabilities. A powerful crossbow, shotgun, and sniper rifle are among the in-game weapons.
The game is basically quite beautiful, although some users complain about certain clumsily-drawn elements. In Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter Reborn, one certainly can spend a couple of free hours a day, enjoy the excellent landscapes of the primeval earth, and shoot scary and deadly dinosaurs!