The game is created for everyone who would like to feel like a seasoned hunter who, without any assistance, goes in search of dangerous wild animals. It is a hunting simulator that provides one with the opportunity to visit virtual hunting grounds and try your luck in hunting game. The first thing that catches one’s eye about it is the low system requirements that allow one to install it on almost any PC. To run the app, you will need just 2 GB of RAM and an old low-end CPU Intel Core 2 Duo E2180 or better. However, the video card should be relatively powerful — a one with 512 GB+ VRAM or GeForce 8800 GT and higher.
As in other hunting simulators, Cabela’s Big Game Hunter: Pro Hunts does not have a storyline at all. First, the player will have to go through several introductory missions allowing them to learn the gameplay mechanics. Further, as you gain achievements, new hunting locations are unlocked without any plot.
The main features:
- The great abundance of wildlife and fauna. In the process of searching for game, you can see just anything: ducks, partridges, wolves, hares, and even harsh bears, ready to quickly show a hunter who is the boss in the taiga.
- The elaborate mechanics. Shooting game is not that easy — the game features aggressive behavior of animals, changing weather conditions, and wind, which affects the bullet trajectory. Weapon characteristics also matter in the process.
- The very beautiful graphics on a rather undemanding engine. This makes it possible for people to play without having up-to-date PC hardware.
All the animals can be in different states, marked with particular colors: green, yellow, orange, and red. They indicate the degree of aggression that suggests what a hunter can expect from a meeting with a beast.
The Range of Weapons and Hunting Mechanics
The player is given a choice of a specific set of weapons in different locations:
- The game features a classic version of this weapon as well as a compound bow, capable of effectively hitting small game.
- A good choice for novice hunters who need to learn how to accurately shoot at any type of game.
- Pump-action shotgun. A deadly weapon for working at close range. It is especially useful if you are dealing with a bear or wolf.
- Semi-automatic rifle. A great support in the wild.
The range of ammunition is not so rich, so you will have to save resources and be as accurate as possible — otherwise, some creatures will not leave you a second chance.
The player can take advantage of the following accessories:
- Odor neutralizers. They help to approachan animal.
- Binoculars for observing the area.
- A sight for better aiming.
When the hunter moves, it is important to take into account the noises that he creates, a smell, and camouflage. It is worth noting that it is impossible to climb a tree or perform some similar maneuver in the game.
The game is intended for users over 13. It is available not only for PCs on Windows but also for almost any other game platform. The bugs are few; there are some shortcomings, but they are very rare and do not catch the eye.
Among the cons of the project, the following are noted:
- A fairly unvaried game world.
- Lack of animations makes the game somewhat clumsy.
- Few game species saddens connoisseurs of diversity and acquaintance with new fauna.
- Just one game mode comes down to wandering around a map in search of game.
Cabela’s Big Game Hunter: Pro Hunts is basically interesting and will be a pleasant find for fans of hunting simulators!